Friday, 2 November 2012

I'm getting married in the morning...ding dong the bells are going to chime.....

So Hubs and I are getting married...AGAIN :-).

Well not really. Most of my family wasn't able to make the trip down for our actual wedding, and so we decided to have celebration in my home town in Zimbabwe just before Christmas.

Hubs has never been to Zim, and for some reason, not very keen cause of all the bad media (mostly exaggerated or generalised, not sure which), so I'm also looking forward to showing him what an amazing place it actually is.

And so if feels like I'm getting married again...and the 1st time was amazing, but I'm not keen on going through all the motions again. The upside though, is the family gathering. Its been YEARS since our family has gathered in celebration. I miss every single one of them and I'm super excited about having everyone under 1 roof!

This time however, I'm not going to wear my white dress. Thinking along the lines of Traditional with a twist...?

Well, I'm my attempt at being more organised this time, i will make sure i have my dress in the next two weeks...plenty of time right?!

I'm thinking of a variation of this Palesa Mokubung/Mantsho rocked by the lovely LIRA.

                                                   {source}

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress. I am sure you looked spectacular in whatever you wore.
    Do blog some pics when you have a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love multiple wedding celebrations. It's like you get a do-over without the stress. Planning last minute definitely worked for you last time so why not do it again :). I love the dress and the idea of going traditional is definitely great.

    I've always wanted to go see the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe but you are right about the bad press, it is sometimes a deterrent when you don't know any better. Looking forward to pics.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...come on, drop me a note :) xoxo