Monday, 14 January 2013

Our 2nd Marriage Celebrations.

My mom is a super woman. She, with the help of a couple of my aunts, cooked for 150people whom we were going to accommodate at my childhood home, African style. Twas a busy day with cooking, shopping and getting everything together for the next day.

Super mom

Aunties and Dad peeling and chopping

even my hubs, sister in law and her fiance were hard at work



Man-power, my cousins and sister


By the time we all went to bed, we were spent. Thank heavens the celebrations were only due to start in the afternoon and not morning.

It was a beautiful day an amazing celebration that made us realise just how lucky Hubs and I are.

Dancing our way in.


Mom and Dad getting their groove on

so much love



Dancing the night away

woop woop
winding down from an awesome evening.



And after all the hard work, my mom fell asleep before the night was over.

Sleeping beauty

Mr and Mrs JK

And so after an awesome celebration with our amazing family and friends, our road trip continued to Victoria Falls, woop woop.

And so the journey continues



11 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you and hubby kissing is just so beautiful and sexy. Looks like such an awesome time. I want a second wedding celebration :). So glad you were able to celebrate with family and friends.

    How cool that you went to Victoria Falls, can't wait to see pictures of that part of the trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! that seems like it was such an amazing day!!!! It really is wonderful to be surrounded by so much love!!!! I cant wait to read more about your life! Much Love
    Chari T (deep fried stilettos)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, so fun and unique!
    great blog, now following!
    xo chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and my gosh the travels and experiences! I find myself wanting to travel Africa every time I read your blog... but I'd need a travel buddy. ;-) Your wedding celebration looked like a blast. Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The re-celebration of your marriage is so beautiful, all that joy and love is so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww looks like an awesome time! What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful display of a journey which you will share with family and friends and children and children's children.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...come on, drop me a note :) xoxo