Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Summer roadtrip - THE FINALE

This time our border experience to from Zim to S.A. was an absolute dream. Not a single queue. Were in and out of there in half an hour tops...both sides. That has never ever happened to us, so I guess we got a feel of both extremes.

On our way to Joburg, we came across this Rhino. 3rd member of the big 5. Was a pity he didn't have his horn, but I guess that's to protect him.

Mr Rhino with no horn :(

After 10hours on the road, we were in Joburg, just to recharge our batteries for the rest of the drive. We got to eat out at one of my favourite restaurants. Funny though, I was always under the impression that my Hubs hated this place, but he was the 1st to suggest it???? Turns out, it wasn't good enough for THE "Proposal", but he loved it...but hey, that's another story for another day.

My favourite watering hole (JHB)


I could eat here for days :)

And the very next day, we were up early on the road to St Lucia. I had such a terrible flu/cold (whats the diff??), so I slept through, and when I opened my eyes, 7 hours later, we were there. (that had to be the best drive).

St Lucia, KwaZulu Natal


Hubs and I absolutely love it here. Were were here, exactly a year before, for our honeymoon, which was also quite the road trip, so you could say, this was honeymoon number two (with the traditional celebration and all).

PLEASE READ SIGNS...Lol.

Thanks to my vigilance of the above sign, we were able to escape the below predator unharmed...lol.

And this is why!!!

Early the next morning we were off to the game park and beach.

 
 
 



We were sadly not early enough and had to wait. At this stage, we were really good at that. I must say though, that's one of the things I love about this place, that they limit the number of cars, mainly for the safety and comfort of the wild animals, but it definitely feels good to go to a beach that's not over crowed, and those are seriously hard to come by during the festive season.

Anyways, after an hour of waiting (whats and hours in the blazing heat, we got this!!), we were in. Yey!

We did a bit of sight seeing, and on my part, seeing and sleeping. One would think I caught the sleeping bug or something. And these are some of the animal we came across on the way to the beach.

Kudu? Impala? These bucks all kinda look the same.


Mommy zebra with her itsy bitsy webra. Go Team Zebra!!


Hippopotamus

Zzzzzzz.....

And when we got to the beach, guess who was wide awake. Yup, yours truly.

Woopy!!


Hubby Bear


Who doesn't love an under water self portrait?


Fun in the sun.



Sister lovin'!

Some pretty fishes.


Some ugly fishes :)


We had such a blast at the beach and on our way back, we did a little more sight seeing, and was so stoked to see this Rhino - WITH HIS HORN *huge round of applause*

Happy Rhino!


Looking out for more hippos and crocs.


The beautiful African sunset.

And then back to our lodge it was.

Now you might have noticed that, during this whole recollection of the road trip, I haven't mentioned Christmas, or if I did, not much was said. But that's cause it kinda hit up on the day while we were out doing out tourist thing that, hey, today is Christmas. And this was soooo not going to happen for new years, no ways. And so, on new years eve we were out looking for a party.

We came across this one beach with lots of mini bon fire thingys and discovered that there was going to be a huge beach party there...DJ and all. Can u see the excitement?

Only cause we cray cray.


We picked a spot too!

Cause my Hubby randomly poses and doesn't tell the rest of us???? LOL.


We were SORTED. And then it rained. No, sorry not rained. It POURED the WHOLE NIGHT. So the beach was totally out of the question. This is what we did to kill time.



Apparently according to this little piece of molten metal of some kind, I will be having a baby this year.



Lol, I think not!


We had a jam, none the less.

And off to Coffee Bay we went. This is such a cute little rural coastal village. We really got down with the relaxing thing here. After all that driving and fun, we just wanted to take in the clam vibes and really get in touch with our inner selves. Lol, jokes, I have no idea what that was. We did chill a lot though :).

The view from our chalet.


Some serious chilling going on up in here!


The hole in the wall. Coffee Bay, Transkei.


More snorkeling


Couples photo :)


We even spotted dolphins!

We had such an amazing time. Got to know my sister in law and her hub's to be really well and spend time with my sister and yes, goof around with my hubby (he's always so serious when we aren't on holiday). But all in all, with the drama and all, I would do it again!
 
Our last day. Fresh oyster's and bubbly.


CHEERS!

 


THE END










8 comments:

  1. omg, seriously! i want to have a vacation just like this! looks like one of a lifetime!

    love your pictures!

    looks like the most amazing time, even with all the waiting you did, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to Zimbabwe and South Africa someday soon. Your pictures have me salivating. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my all time favorite post that you wrote so far. I felt like I was there with you guys. Such great pics, what a great trip. No wonder you got married again :)

    PS - You look great in your bikini. that pic of you and your sis...love

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome adventure! Loved that sunset! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I truly felt like I was on the adventure with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a fun trip - and your hubby's pose?! LOL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... that looks like such an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...come on, drop me a note :) xoxo