Friday, 15 March 2013

Much needed break

This past Saturday I wrote the longest test I've ever written, and there's more were that came from. We were in the test venue from 8am to 4.30 pm with a 45minute lunch break. So we decided that since my brother in law is here from Germany for a visit and I will need to wind down a bit after an intense week of revision, we needed to take a break. So on Sunday off to Coffee Bay we went for a 2 day break of relaxation.

As soon as we got there, the boys took out their fishing gear and did a bit of fishing


The brothers



doing what they love

while I got comfortable with a non academic book (the simple pleasures).


while i chill
 
As soon as it got dark, we headed out for some drinks and mindless fun at a local bar. We had such a jam and played a bit of pool (which I totally suck at).


I must have been slurring my words



Fun times



useless pool player

Then at some stage, there was just silence in the room. In hind sight, I  must have looked like such an idiot cause I got really excited thinking "what's next". We were asked to read this sign....


NO DRINKING WITH RIGHT HAND
NO DRINKING ON POOL TABLE
PENALTY
DOWN DRINK IN ONE
NO EXCUSES!!!
and so.....


downed in one



downed in one



downed in three...lol

 
Needless to say, I was a very sick bunny the next day, but that didn't stop me from doing a bit of snorkeling and swimming





While the boys pretended to catch caught some crayfish....






We decided to spoil ourselves with lots of crayfish since they were almost 15times cheaper than when you get them at a restaurant....like hectically cheap, and had a braai with them that evening.


They were so amazing and we were so hungry, I didn't even waste time taking pics of them when they were done, but as you can see, the boys were seriously satisfied!



 
We had such a nice break and early Wednesday morning, I was back at the office and it was business as usual. I already miss the little coastal village of Coffee Bay though.


view from our chalet





Auf Wiedersehen!




7 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. You are your hubby definitely know how to have a good time.

    Loved the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long exams are tiring but it looks like coffee bay was the perfect place to rejuvenate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun was had by all! Great pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your holidays pictures make me wanna gone on a holiday. beautiful water :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! I want to party with you :)

    I'm horrible at pool too! SO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the scenery/background in your pictures always makes me wish for warm weather and makes me want to travel :) snorkling, jealous! your 2 days of relaxation looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...come on, drop me a note :) xoxo