Monday, 4 March 2013

What if...

Life happens (for lack of a better expression), but sometimes I always wonder how things may have turned out had I made different choices.

My husband and I met when I was in my second year of university. This university wasn't my first choice, and because my application to my first choice was late, I either had to take a gap year and start the following year, or go with my second choice, which had accepted my late application. I was so miserable in my first year that I continued applying to various universities closer to home, but by the time the new year came, it all became complicated with transfer of credits, etc. So I decided to just stick it out.
Best choice ever because a few weeks into the year, I met my Hubs. It certainly wasn't love at first sight (my husband is such a hottie, but I guess I wasn't looking), but he was so charming and was such a gentleman (something I seriously wasn't used to), and our friendship quickly blossomed into a relationship.

But what if I'd persevered and started that year at a different university, what if I had taken a gap year and had never set foot in this town. Would we have found our way to each other regardless, or would I be living a completely different life?



Mommy and me



Mom and him



Us

Well, I'm seriously glad that our life's choices brought us together, because now I can't imagine my life without my love.






5 comments:

  1. You definitely got me thinking with this one. It's funny to think that one choice could change your life completely.

    Good thing you made that decision that brought you guys together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen for the choices we make in life indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these things too. It freaks me out to think of Sean and I having different lives. I'm glad that life has led us to where we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I think about that too especially since DH and I met in college as well and I really had wanted to be in NYC and ended up in Boston, but funny thing is he's a New Yorker and we ended up there anyway so it all works out in the end, right? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- my hubby and I think about this sometimes too! The ONLY law school that accepted my application was my LAST choice and it was so expensive that I considered not going at all. I decided to stick with it and met my hubby-to-be in our last year of school! Definitely meant to be and so so glad, we both made the right choices to bring us together today. :-). Cute pics- I love a good throwback!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...come on, drop me a note :) xoxo