Friday, 10 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day





My mom is an absolute inspiration. Cross her path and you are bound to feel you can conquer the world. She is constantly motivating me and people around her and I'm yet to meet someone who has received a pep talk from my mom and not pushed to making a better life for themselves.

My mom is a fighter. Life has never been without it ups and downs, but my sister and I always had what we needed and more. She made choices that always put us first. She could have taken fancy vacations with my Dad or filled her wardrobe up with fancy clothes and fancy shoes, but she chose to give us a perfect start to life, full of opportunities and a bright future, no matter how difficult it may have been. Everything else took the back seat.

Even though my relationship with my mom hasn't always been smooth sailing (as it probably is with most mother daughter relationships), I wouldn't have it any other way.



So, Thank you mom for,

Carrying me when I couldn't carry myself
Picking me up when I fall,
Wiping away my tears,
Listening to my stories,
Laughing at my jokes,
Pushing me when I feel I can't go on,
And just being MOM.

If I could one day be half the mother you are, I will consider motherhood a success!



 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

9 comments:

  1. aww...love that first pic of your mom....she sounds like an awesome mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful post and your mum was gorgeous in her time, really lovely post :=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this was so beautifully written. Your mom must be proud

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tribute to your mom. She is beautiful and sounds like an incredible woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! such an amazing and sweet old pictures!!
    definitely i stay here, love this

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful post dedicated to your mother. She has similar smile as you. I love her hair in the first picture :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...come on, drop me a note :) xoxo