Saturday, 15 March 2014

My Fro

I've been natural for a tiny bit over 2 years and loving it. I chopped off all my relaxed hair, to my new husband's horror, weeks after we got married...hahaha. No exciting reasons other than I was tired of relaxing, and couldnt remember why I started relaxing in the first place, 8 years ago. It's been an interesting journey of self discovery, which I'd love to share one day, but the most important lesson, is I've learn't to embrace myself and all my African beauty. I struggled initially to leave the house with my tightly coiled curls, lest I bump into someone I know, because even though I'd decided that this was the right step for me to take...I was worried about how it would be received by those around me. For so long, I believed for my hair to be beautiful it had to be straight and long. I would marvel at other people's fro's, but mine just wasn't right. Fast foward, I've reached that point were my fro is my pride and joy and Hubs can't get enough of it either. Here's to my Fro!

9 comments:

  1. It looks great! Love it. I am transitioning to natural. Now 5.5 months in. I plan on transitioning for 17 months before chopping off whatever is left of the relaxed ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great and I love the fro. I tried to go natural a couple times and I just couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love that your fro is your pride now! :)

    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for a beautiful head full of gorgeous hair. I always love it when I see someone with a nice fro, it makes me want one so badly. Looks awesome by the way. Enjoy

    PS - welcome back to writing, I hope you stay for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love this...need to do better with my natural hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hair looks healthy and the fro suits you :) and i agree with pegster, welcome back to writing, hope to see more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fro! I've been wearing mine since around Christmas and have enjoyed it. My 3 year old daughter especially now likes to point out how we have matching fros. She likes to play in mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! I'm jealous at how healthy it is! I haven't permed my hair in months...but I'm addicted to the weave lol. Hoping the style helps me grow out my hair. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...come on, drop me a note :) xoxo